to JJ on your fifth birthday,

My sweet JJ, 

You are f-i-v-e!  Five.  I cannot wrap my head around it.  You have literally been counting down for 365 days.  Birthdays are everything to you... that, and Christmas.  Oh buddy, you have brought such a spunk and life to our family.  We would be so incomplete without you!  You are walking entertainment, always saying the cutest and most surprising things.  You have a vocabulary like no other and use words that even I don't use.  You also speak with a little accent that I'm not sure where you got.  You exude joy.  You're playful, energetic, and FUN.  You could stay awake probably 20 hours a day and be totally fine.  You're a night owl and the life of the party.  You're the pickiest eater known to man.  Your first love is chocolate milk and you pretty much survive off of light vanilla yoplait yogurt.  Don't even think of trying to hand you another flavor, or heaven forbid, the one with the red packaging {the full fat version}.  Your favorite color is blue.  You love "pizza and bread and sauce and 'root beard'" from Little Caesars.  In fact, that's what we are eating at your birthday party tomorrow, per your request.  You say you are taking a big risk and are going to stay home forever.  You might go to college in San Diego and when you grow up you want to be a pizza maker {I'm assuming at Little Caesars} but think it might be a little difficult.  

You have had a big year.  You became a big brother and are the best big brother ever.  You adore your Queen Eva and have surpassed any expectation I could have ever had.  You graduated preschool.  
You set some pretty big goals for yourself including: 

*Doing good choices for God
*being loving and kind
*loving mom and everybody in the world
*being fast
*loving camping and nature
*respect

You make our hearts so happy.  You are my little snuggle bug, my love bug, my biggest fan.  We are "best friends forever, no matter what, forever and always, not never."  You have been the best little sidekick a mom could ask for.  I am so proud of not only who you are, but who you're becoming.  You are growing into the sweetest little man and still trying to figure so many things out.  I pray big things for you, my JJ.  I pray you come to know and love God with all your heart.  I pray you use your zest for life and all that energy to serve Him.  You have a h-u-g-e heart and I love every single ounce of you.  And of course, every. single. freckle.  You absolutely melt me!  You make our world such a better place.  I love, love, love you!



Comments

Popular Posts